Whether it’s a good friend’s birthday or you just want to say “hello” the old-fashioned way to someone who lives far away, there’s more options out there than the traditional greeting cards we all know. Of course it’s the gesture that matters, but an unique card will always make a special gift. You’d remember a person who surprised you with something special, wouldn’t you?
1. First up, there’s the environmentally friendly version: the Grow-A-Note Greeting Card. It’s a two-in-one present: each card contains wildflower seeds, so you can basically plant it in a pot and watch flowers grow.
2. For a really personalized greeting, Your! puzzle is the way to go. The card is actually a blank puzzle and you are free to express yourself however you want… write a message or draw a picture or play a game of tic-tac-toe. The sky’s the limit! Recommended for people talented at painting.
3. Arts and crafts are fun, and if you’re good at woodcarving (or just want to give it a try), then a Carve Your Own Postcard is the best way to go. The card is actually a thin piece of wood and truly unique.
4. Every time you give a card, you must consider who you’re giving it to. And while the above cards are unique, they are also suited for anyone; the geek in your life would probably appreciate something that says “this is for you“. Geeky Greetings come in a lot of models, for different occasions, but they all have one thing in common: unless you’re at least a bit of a geek, you won’t get them. But trust me: any geek will love them.
5. The Bendy Friends are the perfect combination between a card and a souvenir: they’re like flat fridge magnets printed with typical Australian animals. Never sentenced to gather dust in a closet, they can cheer up any kitchen for years to come.