The long awaited expansion to World of Warcraft, Wrath of the Lich King, is here. We pre-ordered, we swore at the websites that didn’t deliver it on time, we stood in line for hours to buy it, we suffered through the 500-people long server queues… and still we love it.
To celebrate this, we looked for the five coolest World of Warcraft t-shirts around and, while it was quite difficult to decide… here they are.
1. For many months Shattrath has been our home. Our sanctuary. We paid mages to teleport us and warlocks to summon our baby alts in the magical place with a lot of portals. And now we’re moving on… We might feel abandoned for a while, but in a few short levels we’ll find our place in Dalaran. Wear the Home Is Where the Hearthstone Is t-shirt and remember that you never need to feel alone, there’s a friendly innkeeper somewhere awaiting your return.
2. If you don’t know the motto on the Less QQ More Pew Pew t-shirt, you’re a lucky person. It means: a) you’ve never met one of those annoying people who can only talk in WoW-sp33k; b) you’ve never been in a group where people are too busy moaning at the tank/healer/DPS to actually play. But don’t worry; one of them is bound to happen soon. Then again, you might be the annoying player, and then it’s a perfect match.
3. My personal favorite has got to be the Custom World of Warcraft Tabard t-shirt. If you’ve ever wondered how your guild’s tabard would look on you, this is the chance to find out. This t-shirt is fully customizable with your realm, guild, character name, race and class, making it the best for game conventions. As long as you’re not an obnoxious ganker, in which case perhaps you won’t want people to know who you are…
4. Though The Burning Crusade is officially over, the toughest boss needs to be remembered. (The Sunwell Plateau came later and robbed him of the distinction, but do we care?) The Illidan t-shirt features awesome artwork of an awesome character. For TBC lovers!
5. And something for the WotLK fans, of course. The Epic T-shirt of Ganking is an item for the new level 80 cap and comes with awesome stats: 1337 armor (for cloth!), increases in all stats, great socket bonuses and an interesting equip ability… The eternal dilemma: girl or game? It increases chances to evade work by 25%, but also reduces your chances to get laid by 99%.
Bonus: This would’ve made the final five, but it’s outdated. The Locked Chest t-shirt had a very cool concept, back when the maximum lockpicking skill was 375. Requiring 376 points made it impossible to open, but not anymore. All those frustrated rogues are jumping up and down with joy about now. Give us the new version!