A perfect raiding night needs more than a good computer and the right game addons. If it’s something important you need to be in the best mental and physical state, which means some extra accessories are required…
Actually, this is a step you should’ve taken before the raid: get a Blizzard Authenticator. Seriously. Have you seen how many accounts get hacked? I’m sure you don’t want to discover you’re broke and all your epics are gone.
Raids usually last a long time and it can get pretty late until you finally down that boss.
1. Engobi Caffeinated Snack Crisps. It’s food and caffeine all in one, pure win! Each bag is equal to two Red Bulls, so it should keep you up for long enough.
2. To stay even more faithful to the spirit of the game, you can get your caffeine and nutriments in true potion form. A Mana Energy Potion and a Health Energy Potion should keep you running for a wipe night.
3. If your poison of choice is coffee or black tea, not energizing drinks, you can at least get a mug to match your screen. Naturally, they come in two types again: Mana and Health Mugs. HP for tanks and mana for casters, get the one for that’s better for your class! (No, drinking out of it won’t make your warrior suddenly gain 3000 HP, but it might keep you alert enough to move out of the Green Shit on the floor.)
4. Finally, for you caffeine-haters: something that doesn’t involve ingesting anything. The Anti Sleep Driving Alarm detects movement and when your head droops it blasts your ears with a loud obnoxious alarm. There’ll be no way of falling asleep during a raid while wearing this.
Now that we’ve made sure your account is in working order and you’re alert enough, we can deal with the little details to make you more comfortable.
Fighting the heat.
If it’s a hot day, you’re melting already. Add the heat from the computer to that… and you’re one unhappy gamer.
1. If you’re using a laptop, you need to cool it down. Not only it will make you feel better, it will also make the game run smoother. You do not want it to crash because you tiny fan can’t handle all the heat… Try the HeatShift Laptop Cooling Pad for something different from the usual plastic pads.
2. If you’re gaming on a desktop, a fan will do. Something like the MP3 Speaker Fan doesn’t take much space and it can be a nice backup solution in case you break your good speakers. If the audio part seems useless, the Arctic Breeze Fan is a gadget without any bells and whistles and is only dedicated to keeping you cool.
Fighting the cold.
Just one thing: frozen fingers = BAD.
1. For full-body warmth, get the Snuggie, sit in your favorite chair hugging the laptop and off you go into Northrend!
2. If you’re one of the unlucky people forced to play next to a window that doesn’t close properly, your hands are going to be frozen all the time. But a pair of USB Heating Gloves can solve that… and they don’t even look that silly.
And to top this off… something you don’t need, but you definitely want: a Custom World of Warcraft Tabard t-shirt. Really, how much more dedication does it take? It’s fabulously geeky, but there’s no better way to show your support for your guild. And, after all, you do spend several hours a day with this people.
There you have it! Buy them all or choose a few, but get the best out of your gaming experience. And remember: Ulduar is coming.